Each year our church supports an initiative by Samaritan’s Purse by wrapping shoeboxes filled with toys and treats to send to children in need.
We want to invite you to join us this year!
How to Participate:
- Pray about what you can give, and what age/gender you would like to send a box to.
- Wrap a shoebox with decorative paper (he top needs to be wrapped separately).
It would be best to avoid Santa Claus paper and to use dark colors for a boy and light colors for a girl.
- Fill a shoebox with permitted items (listed separately below).
- Specify if your box is for a girl or boy (stickers will be available for this) and specify if it contains summer or winter items.
- Please close the box, but leave the lid so that it can be easily lifted to check items.
- Drop off at the designated table in front of the sanctuary.
Shoeboxes need to be turned in to the collection point in Wiesbaden on November 15th.
The last Sunday we will collect at IBC is November 12th.
- Toys (cars, dolls, puzzles, balls etc.)
- School supplies
- Hygiene items (toothbrush, toothpaste, combs etc.)
- Candy (only hard candies that are individually wrapped)
- Chocolate (Plain only, please no raisins, fillings, or nuts)
- Clothing (pajamas, socks, underwear)
- You can include a photo or card (DO NOT include your name or address)
Items Not Permitted:
- War toys, knives, or scissors
- Witchcraft or magical items
- Candy with gelatine (no gummi bears!)
- Medication or Vitimans
- Fluids (soap or hair gel)
- Electronics or batteries
Email Flora for further information or with any questions you may have.