A new year brings the need to evaluate our needs as a congregation. One such need is to elect new deacons! These servant leaders make such an impact in the life of the church and we are asking God to raise up several new (and returning) men and women to fill this role.
Our constitution reminds us:
Biblical guidelines require that a deacon be of high spiritual commitment and principles. Before nominating a candidate for the office of deacon, it is the spiritual responsibility of the members of this church to consider candidates in the light of the qualifications as recorded in Acts 6:3; 1 Timothy 3:8-12; and Titus 1:5-6.
If you are a member or associate of Immanuel, we would encourage you to nominate people for that ministry. Nomination forms may be downloaded HERE or will be available at our services in January.
Schedule for deacon selection 2022:
- Deacon Nominations through January 30th
- Eligible candidates who receive at least 5 nominations will be asked to consider service
- Secure a response from all nominees by February 6th as to their willingness to serve
- Candidates who are willing to serve will be asked to complete a deacon questionnaire
- Those completing deacon questionnaires will be interviewed by the Pastor and at least one current deacon.
- Begin testimonies of deacon candidates on February 13th
- Vote on new deacons at Quarterly Meeting on February 26th
We know God has gifted us with some wonderful current and future servant leaders. If, in the days to come, one of us ask you to consider responding to the call of the church to serve in this way, I hope you will be prayerfully open to the possibility that this may be a part of your JOURNEY.