This Sunday, September 1st, we are “rebooting” our Sunday School!!
- Two years ago this Sunday, God did amazing work in the life of Phillip Vandergrift as he accepted God’s offer of new life. Shortly after, his wife Monika joined him in that decision. Now, two years later, Phillip and Monika are launching a new GERMAN LANGUAGE ADULT BIBLE STUDY of the book of James called “True Faith” (Wahrer Glaube). If you feel more comfortable sharing in German, check out this new study! If you have any questions, you can contact Phillip.
- YOUTH MINISTRY LEADERSHIP CHANGE!! We are pleased to introduce Stephen and Allison Pierce to you as our new Youth Leaders. Most of you know Stephen and Allison. They have been actively involved since arriving in 2017. Stephen is currently serving as Deacon and Adult Bible Study Leader, while Allison leads the children’s Sunday school and works in the nursery. And while they have enjoyed everything they have done, they are passionate about Student Ministry and have a great deal of experience in coaching, mentoring and making disciples of young people.
As Stephen says, “When students come to the class, they will hear the Word of God and feel the love of Christ. Student discipleship is more than just a Sunday morning meeting. Our desire is to help guide students in their walk with Christ by learning what His Word teaches and applying it in their daily walk. We don’t have all the answers to life’s problems, but we know where to go to find them.”
- We also have new leadership in our ADULT BIBLE STUDY! With the transition of Stephen and Allison to the Youth Ministry, David Jimenez has stepped up to take the reins of the Mixed Adult Bible Study group. If you have been around a while you may have heard David preach. David is working on his PhD in Theology in Mainz and is a gifted teacher. If it has been a while since you have been in Bible study, you need to come and join in this great study.
- The WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY continues to be led by Flora Daniel. This group of women is the backbone of the church. Each week they not only study scripture, but they spend a generous amount of time in prayer for the church and for individuals. We often talk about the power of prayer, but only heaven knows what an impact this group has had for God’s Kingdom.
- Our YOUNG ADULTS BIBLE STUDY is the tip of the Young Adult Ministry iceberg! This group, led by Andy and Kelly Foreman, are one of the most active in the entire church. They meet on a regular basis, share in meals and activities and just seem to have an amazing time being together. If you are age 18 to 30 you will want to check out this group!
- Roberta Hudson is our new CHILDREN’S MINISTRY COORDINATOR and tells me the Children’s Ministry has wonderful teachers, but is still in need of volunteers, especially in the nursery and in children’s church. We want to care well for these most precious of gifts from God. But in order to do so, we need your help! Would you volunteer just one Sunday a month to help with “crowd control”? That would be a huge blessing! Also, if you are a PARENT of a child in the Children’s Ministry, there will be a short, but important meeting after church on September 15th.