We want to invite you to join us in worship, in Bible study and in fellowship! Even in this time of the pandemic, we continue to gather, but for now we are gathering online LIVE via ZOOM! We also have small groups meeting, opportunities for connection and interaction. We are careful to be mindful of the current restrictions and, when necessary, our meetings move online.
Our worship services during the pandemic are Sundays at 11:00. You may join us at this link: http://ibc.tinyc.co/Worship
IBC is a church for everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual journey. We are an international congregation with more than 30 nationalities represented. We like to say that Immanuel is a place “Where the nations become family.”
Our ministries include people at every stage of life from infants, toddlers, children, teens, singles, and those that are married. Come experience meaningful relationships and spiritual growth for life!
Our Vision and Core Values
Our multi-cultural church body, centered in Christ, strives to serve others with a heart of prayer, life-giving biblical teaching, life-changing worship and life-enriching fellowship.
- Sharing and offering opportunities for corporate worship and life-giving biblical teaching
- Celebrating our shared Christian heritage in a loving cross-cultural environment
- Recognizing God for who He is and putting a voice to our joys, needs and concerns
- Connecting in genuine relationships that offer encouragement, comfort and a deepening of faith
- Meeting the needs of those around us, both physical and spiritual, wherever God leads us
What we believe
- The Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God’s revelation of himself to all people.
- The Bible is true and trustworthy.
- There is one living and true GOD who is Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe.
- JESUS CHRIST is God incarnate. He died for our sins, was raised from the dead, and is coming again.
- The HOLY SPIRIT is the Spirit of God. He exalts Christ, convicts us of sin, and brings us to Christ.
- The Spirit empowers believers for worship and service.
- There is no Salvation from sin apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is God’s gracious gift to you.
- It is the duty and privilege of every Christian and every church to endeavor to make Disciples of all people.
A Brief History 1957 to Present
Compared to the long-established churches of Europe, the history of Immanuel Baptist Church is indeed brief. The church was founded in 1957, twelve years after the end of World War II. During those years, no English-language Baptist churches existed to serve the U.S. military forces remaining in postwar Germany. Immanuel was founded in order to meet that need. As a young, growing church Immanuel often shifted locations seeking more space for classrooms and parking. The congregation needed a building of its own. The people gave sacrificially, but credit was limited with construction costs rapidly rising. A German Baptist congregation faced similar problems, so God brought us together. In 1973 the two congregations jointly built a permanent facility. What a blessing in fellowship and efficiency! In l992, the U.S. military began minimizing its presence in Europe. Consequently, the church refocused its vision and has become an international congregation of peoples.
CLICK HERE to see a gallery of our former pastors.
If interested, you can find more information about church membership HERE