Join us this Sunday for Bible study, warm fellowship, powerful worship, and life-changing messages. Walk away refreshed in your spirit and armed with God’s Word of truth for daily living. IBC is a church for everyone. We are an international congregation with more than 18 nationalities represented. Our ministries include people at every stage of life from infants, toddlers, children, teens, singles, and those that are married. Come experience meaningful relationships and spiritual growth for life!
Our Vision and Core Values
Our multi-cultural church body, centered in Christ, strives to serve others with a heart of prayer, live-giving biblical teaching, life-changing worship and life-enriching fellowship.
- Sharing and offering opportunities for corporate worship and life-giving biblical teaching
- Celebrating our shared Christian heritage in a loving cross-cultural environment
- Recognizing God for who He is and putting a voice to our joys, needs and concerns
- Connecting in genuine relationships that offer encouragement, comfort and a deepening of faith
- Meeting the needs of those around us, both physical and spiritual, wherever God leads us
What we believe
- The Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God’s revelation of himself to all people.
- The Bible is true and trustworthy.
- There is one living and true GOD who is Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe.
- JESUS CHRIST is God incarnate. He died for our sins, was raised from the dead, and is coming again.
- The HOLY SPIRIT is the Spirit of God. He exalts Christ, convicts us of sin, and brings us to Christ.
- The Spirit empowers believers for worship and service.
- There is no Salvation from sin apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is God’s gracious gift to you.
- It is the duty and privilege of every Christian and every church to endeavor to make Disciples of all people.
A Brief History 1957 to Present
Compared to the long-established churches of Europe, the history of Immanuel Baptist Church is indeed brief. The church was founded in 1957, twelve years after the end of World War II. During those years, no English-language Baptist churches existed to serve the U.S. military forces remaining in postwar Germany. Immanuel was founded in order to meet that need. As a young, growing church Immanuel often shifted locations seeking more space for classrooms and parking. The congregation needed a building of its own. The people gave sacrificially, but credit was limited with construction costs rapidly rising. A German Baptist congregation faced similar problems, so God brought us together. In 1973 the two congregations jointly built a permanent facility. What a blessing in fellowship and efficiency! In l992, the U.S. military began minimizing its presence in Europe. Consequently, the church refocused its vision and has become an international congregation of peoples.
CLICK HERE to see a gallery of our former pastors.
If interested, you can find more information about church membership HERE